Proposal Cost Engineer for SPX Flow – Denmark
SPX Flow is looking for an experienced Proposal Cost Engineer
– for pricing international projects in Soeborg, Denmark.
SPX Flow provides custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes within the food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. SPX Flow has a second to none reputation in the market and expects growth over the next years.
As a Proposal Cost Engineer, you play an important role calculating the cost base for large complex plants.
This key position offers substantial influence on the development of future pricing tools and processes.
You will be responsible for pricing projects within evaporation and spray drying technology, developing cost accurate cases to support competitive proposals. You will be working in close cooperation with Proposal Management, Sales, Global Design Center, Engineering, Project Management and Supply Chain to ensure that customer requirements are met.
Key elements of the position include:
- Cost the solution according to requirements, process specifications/calculations, PIDs and Layout
- Collect quotes on 3rd party equipment incl. workshops
- Responsible for updating pricing application on a running basis
- Further develop and update the pricing tool
- Identify and mitigate cost and project risks in the bid process
By joining SPX Flow Technology Denmark, you will be part of an ambitious team working to meet the needs of a growing global community in a responsible manner.
Check out how we work.
Your solid technical and professional experience enables you to build trusting relations with your stakeholders and engage in knowledge sharing and design discussions to provide recommendations for better engineering solutions to minimize costs.
You are goal and result oriented with focus on time, costs and quality.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Food Technology Engineer
- Substantial hands-on experience with engineering and commissioning of industrial plants within the food, pharmaceutical and/or chemical industry
- Excellent in buildup of costs considering weight, stainless steel prices and man hours
- Read and understand PID diagrams, 2D/3D Layouts and workshop drawings
- Knowledge of stainless steel plate constructions as well as workshop/production knowledge of equipment
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, fans, filters, etc.
- Experience with air flow calculations
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and VBA coding
- Proficient in English
Compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Soeborg, Denmark
Assignment Category: Full-time
Experience level: 5+ years
How to Apply
For questions about this position, please call Peter Olsen, Head of Proposal Management, +45 2527 9199 or Maiken Slater Johansen, Recruiting Partner, +45 20 76 02 03.
Send your application and CV/resume, as soon as possible to Maiken Slater Johansen email@example.com. You are also welcome to send a short video presentation of yourself instead of an application.
SlaterConsult is SPX Flow’s recruiting partner for this position.